There is no doubt that Colorbond roof sheets have become one of the most popular roofing solutions. Since the brand has started producing this material, the product’s popularity has increased at an accelerated pace.
Colorbond’s success in the roofing industry comes from their wide range of profiles and designer colors. We have to admit that Colorbond roofing is more than just your regular ‘metal roofing’. Being a great thermal and acoustic insulator, the Colorbond sheets will keep a house cool in summer, warm in winter, and will prevent the sound of rain from becoming too loud.
How Much Does Colorbond Roofing Cost in Australia?
The average costs of Colorbond roofing sheets has been quite stable for the past few years. If you are considering buying their materials, you probably want to know what the Colorbond steel roof costs per square meter. you should expect to pay around:
- $18 per meter for regular corrugated steel that is generally suitable for smaller constructions, such as sheds or garages.
- $21 per meter for powder-coated roofing, which is currently the most popular choice for houses.
- $36 per meter for Colorbond Ultra roofing, which is a good fit for coastal houses, as it is resistant to saltwater corrosion.
- $24 per meter for double-sided Colorbond sheets, which are perfect for different structures such as pergolas, patios, or decks.
The costs associated with installing powder-coated Colorbond roofing on a house that is around 25 square meters can be around $5000. However, this is only a rough estimate that does not include the installation and the shipping costs. Remember that the Colorbond roof prices used in this article can become out-of-date and can be inaccurate for certain markets.
The Installation of Colorbond Roofing
The costs of installing corrugated steel roofing will normally depend on the following factors:
- Whether you are installing a new roof or repairing the old one. Installing a new roof can be cheaper than replacing an old one because you will not have to remove and dispose of old materials. If you are thinking of replacing an old tiled roof with Colorbond, you should always hire a professional roofer.
- Whether you are installing a complex roof structure or a simple one. A simpler roof, such as a skillion roof, will most likely be cheaper than a more complex roof like a pyramid-shaped one.
- Whether the roof is accessible or not. A terrace roof that is in an urban and crowded area will probably be less accessible and more expensive than a suburban house roof.
Due to the large number of variable aspects that can influence the final costs, the best way to find out how much you will have to pay for your roofing is getting quotes from local tradies. Give them as many details as possible about the job, your preferences, and the area in which you live, and make sure that you ask several professionals. That way, they will be able to make a correct evaluation, and you will not have to deal with any unexpected costs. If you are getting a new roof installed in Sydney, Melbourne, or any other large city, the prices might be higher than in rural areas and smaller cities.
You should also keep in mind that it is best to hire licenced, insured, and bonded tradies, if possible. If a tradie is insured, then you will not be accountable for any accident that happens on your property.
If you need help from a qualified roofer, then jump on Bricks +Agent homeowners hub and post your job. It has never been easier!